Helping Parents Navigate
Acorns to Oak trees utilizes The Spirit Incredible Years program which is a culturally tailored version of the evidence based Incredible Year’s program. This program is designed to educate families on historical trauma, promote emotional and social competence; and to prevent, reduce, and treat behavior and emotional problems in young children.
- Improved parent-child interactions, building positive relationships and attachment, improved parental functioning, less harsh and more nurturing parenting, and increased parental social support and problem solving
- Promote cognitive, social, emotional, and language development in children through the parent
- Improved teacher-student relationships, proactive classroom management skills, and strengthened teacher-parent partnerships
- Prevention, reduction, and treatment of early onset conduct behaviors and emotional problems
- Promotion of child social competence, emotional regulation, positive attributions, academic readiness, and problem solving
- Prevention of conduct disorders, academic underachievement, delinquency, violence, and drug abuse