Restore the Village
As part of our mission to help restore the “village”, we work with tribal communities to address the areas that have led to some of the primary reasons that a breakdown in their traditional support systems of care have taken place:
- Historical Trauma
- Intergenerational Trauma
- Substance Abuse
- Lack of education, resources, and access to quality healthcare
We work with each tribal community and tribal family to provide outreach, resources, and services to help them begin the process of creating their village of support through:
- Education and Outreach: Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in tribal communities; Tribal Home Visiting Program; Substance Abuse Prevention; Promoting cognitive, social, emotional, and language development in children in the classroom and home.
- Restore the Village Events- events aimed to motivate and inspire children and families while also providing information and resources
- Parent/Caregiver/Teacher workshops to increase the knowledge and skill sets of those working closely with children who have IDD.
- Coming soon…family support groups!